Pokémon Nary

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pokémon roleplay set in the oddball Southern Nary region.

Event: Newly discovered Pokémon are lurking around Route One! What are you waiting for, go catch one!
Notice: If you have any questions, throw them up into the chatbox and we'll answer asap. If you need an answer sooner, send to Eavath through AIM.

Latest topics

» OFFICIAL CLOSING
The Grand Pokémon Giveaway EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:41 pm by Artemis

» The Fox and Her Hound.
The Grand Pokémon Giveaway EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:18 pm by Kali

» Minor forum config
The Grand Pokémon Giveaway EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:49 pm by Artemis

» What's this? New pokemon!
The Grand Pokémon Giveaway EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:01 pm by Lucifer

» The Grand Pokémon Giveaway
The Grand Pokémon Giveaway EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:32 pm by Artemis

Affiliates

BUMP THE AD!

Contributors

Shazy's DA
Pokemon-Diamond's DA

Roleplays

Resources

free forum

Serebii.net

5 posters

The Grand Pokémon Giveaway

Random NPC

The Grand Pokémon Giveaway Empty The Grand Pokémon Giveaway

Post  Random NPC Sat May 08, 2010 12:32 am

On the south side of town a huge, permanent raised stage has been built with an impressive sound system. Twin poles on the ends of the stage hold up the ends of a bright blue banner with the name painted in white letters, and the area in front of the stage has been roped off. Light-sensitive lamps have even been set up to keep the giveaway going 24/7 -- not all pokémon like to be woken up during the day after all! Seating here is rather limited, however. Most visitors are just passing through for a few minutes to take a look at the current prize, and the ones that hang around are too excited and eager to sit still. That's because this is no flashy performance, but the re-opening of Marsh Town's famous pokémon adoption!

How does it work?

1. The staff rotate shifts at the microphones. Four pokémon will be on stage at any given moment, the volunteers being in charge of two at a time.

2. When one is adopted, another one will be brought on-stage to take its place. They are a collection of all of Nary's abandoned, orphaned, and sometimes donated young pokémon, and there are always more in need of rescuing.

3. Nary never does anything simple that can be done fun. The identities of the pokémon are hidden at first. To adopt one, all a person has to do is guess Who's That Pokémon using the clues in a riddle the volunteers will give when a new pokémon is presented.

4. To give all trainers a fair chance, a single person may only adopt three pokémon in a row, and then they must sit out a round.

5. Please also limit your guesses to only one pokémon the stage at the time. There are plenty to share, no need to be greedy :3

6. All our pokémon are basic, unevolved orphans -- no evolutions, and no baby forms. Pokemon can be from any (canon) region.

7. Guesses are taken in the order they are shouted out, but don't hesitate to guess for the same pokémon if you think the first person is wrong! If someone takes the one you wanted, don't fret, there's sure to be another at some point. You'll just have to come back multiple times ;D

*A group of volunteers staffs the giveaway, taking shifts at the two microphones, caring for the pokémon waiting for a chance to be adopted and other work backstage. Thanks to their efforts, trainers may come and go and participate for free Very Happy

Last edited by Random NPC on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Random NPC

The Grand Pokémon Giveaway Empty Re: The Grand Pokémon Giveaway

Post  Random NPC Sat May 08, 2010 12:34 am

"And now for two more pokémon! To the left, we have this fella:
    My secret is the strength of a volcano
    But when it rains the lava cools and slows
    I may be simple, but keep me safe and dry
    And I'll fight bravely at your side.
    And, to the right...!:

"Don't forget we still have a mystery pokémon from the previous round! Here we go!
    I dream of flying, though I have no wings
    Still I jump form great heights, trying to soar
    But always I fall, but on the plus side
    With my skull it doesn't hurt, so I just try once more!

Me, I'm a fighter, a pint-size champ
    I easily lift five or six times my weight
    I train in the mountains to hone my skills
    Guess right and I'll show you, my power's first rate!

Last but not least, I'm a blue ball of glee
    I feel at home both on and under the sea
    My tail keeps me afloat so you'll never lose me
    It shouldn't be hard to guess me quickly!"

ooc| I know this is cut short a bit, and some of you have already guess this round, but it will make it much easier on me if you would do me a favour and just post a quick line doing so again here <3 Followup posts will not be pure riddle, I promise x_x
    Sven Saya
    Sven Saya

Character sheet
    Name: Sven Saya
    Class: Trainer
    Job: Gym Leader

Post  Sven Saya Sat May 08, 2010 10:10 am

Having kicked back against a nearby tree earlier in the day as the crew began to gather to set up the stage, Sven gave the crowd a slight smirk at the befuddled expressions plastered on the eager faces of the few trainers present. Riddles were always his game of choice, a fun little puzzle of rhythmic clues that could send one's mind into a fit of frustration.

However. This didn't faze him. He loved doing stuff like this, proving that wits indeed win over brawn and brute force. This was his type of game!

"The second Pokemon is a Bagon!" he screamed from the brush, his voice congested from sitting in the bushes for a few hours.

(Copy-pasted from old Nary XD)
    Kanti

Character sheet
    Name:
    Job:

Post  Kanti Sat May 08, 2010 3:40 pm

((Copy-paste, yo.))

Kanti collected her new Charmander's pokéball, smiling and placing it on her belt. She'd have to be sure to take time to get to know her new buddies. She patted Bree on the head, sure that soon the pup would become restless and wander the grounds. She wouldn't let her get too far. She turned her attention back to the stage to hear the riddles being recited again. She guessed she wasn't as into this as the other trainers were because she heard a scream from over by the trees. Once more, Maria's enthusiasm startled Kanti and another glance was sent towards the very excitable girl. Not wanting to have the pokémon from the first round be left out, she called out, "The pokémon from the last round is a Slugma!" She felt she was going to have one very firey team.
    Random NPC

Post  Random NPC Tue May 11, 2010 1:21 am

"We have another winner!" shouted the boy, picking Sven out after a few seconds to search for the source, not expecting him to be outside of the seated crowd, and gestured him to the stage to receive his dragony prize.

Bagon
    Level 25
    Male
    Rock Head
    Rage, Bite, Leer, Headbutt, Focus Energy, Ember

He didn't have long to wait for the next guesser, although this time he shook his head as he called back, "Close! Very close! But our friend here has a few more legs than Slugma does!" He nodded at The Girl to take over with the next riddle.

"All right then, more flames, more fun
    Here comes the fastest runner under the sun
    My diamond feet can't be outrun
    When it comes to races, I'm number one!"
    Kanti

Character sheet
    Name:
    Job:

Post  Kanti Thu May 13, 2010 2:15 am

Kanti got a <_< sort of expression. If it had legs, it wasn't necessarily very close to a Slugma, was it? While she reclined in her seat, having two of the chair's legs lift off the ground, she looked at the sky and contemplated which pokémon it would be. She was still listening to the riddle being read. She had another instant reaction to the riddle, sitting up so fast that she fell off of her seat. Bree yipped in surprise, turning to her trainer and nudging her with her nose. Kanti sat up and brushed her bangs front her eyes and called out, "Rapidash!" She had a strong feeling about this one because she had had one before, as well as some Ponyta. The Ponyta had never been close to being as fast as her Rapidash, that didn't stop them from trying. Kanti got up and calmly got back in her seat after righting the chair.
    maria
    maria

Character sheet
    Name: Maria & Trista Hart
    Job:

Post  maria Thu May 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Maria took her new pet and was about to leave, when she heard the last riddle. She spun around. No way!
    "The fourth is an Azurill!!" She almost screamed, extremely excited. She wasn't sure if she could claim 2 in a row, but it was worth a shot for that Pokemon.
    Random NPC

Post  Random NPC Fri May 21, 2010 12:40 am

o.o

The Boy and The Girl shared a look; they hadn't anticipated exactly how, shall we say, consistently enthusiastic the crowd would be about the whole event. After a second, they both broke into huge grins. Success!

"Should we concede it?"
    "Aw, it would be mean to be that technical!"
    "Alright!" shouted The Girl. "Come on up, you with the Houndour! It's not a Rapidash, but we won't stop you from claiming Ponyta if you're okay with a basic pokémon!"

The Boy meanwhile nodded at Maria to indicate he'd heard her, clearing his throat and holding up a hand to get the crowd to pause for just a moment.

"I suppose we should announce this, to help you narrow down your guess and help us decide easily if you're the lucky adopter or not. All our pokémon are basic, unevolved orphans -- no evolutions, and no baby forms!" He smiled at Maria. "So, same to you, if you'll accept Marill, she's all yours!"

Ponyta
    Level 13
    Male
    Flash Fire
    Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip

Marill
    Level 7
    Female
    Thick Fat
    Tackle, Defense Curl, Tail Whip

"Two more for you now!" The Boy announced.
    "With an unusual type pair,
    I'm both valuable and rare.
    Between magnets and reading minds
    I'm a clear-bodied one of a kind.

I'm a proud blue bird, though I don't fly;
    I'd rather be in the sea than the sky.
    And the colder the better, for me,
    So I hope you like living somewhere quite chilly."
    Sazlo
    Sazlo

Character sheet
    Name: Sazlo

Post  Sazlo Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 am

Sazlo didn't particularly come to these town-run shindigs because he ran his own town, and wanted other trainers to have their fair shot. But, he had been sitting here for a while, and noticed that a couple of the pokemon on the stage hadn't yet been called correctly. He thought about the riddle for a bit. He looked down at Scy and Teal, and they both shrugged at him, saying they weren't going to help him. He said to them, "You guys sure are a bundle of help" He then shouted out, without standing up, "One of them would have to be a Numel!" He wasn't particularly sure about it though, cause he had never seen, let alone, owned one before.
    Sven Saya
    Sven Saya

Character sheet
    Name: Sven Saya

Post  Sven Saya Fri May 21, 2010 1:13 am

After collecting his new draconic member of his team, Sven lazed about at the foot of the stage, his mind reeling with the various possibilities of what these mystery Pokemon could be.

"Magnets...could be a Magnemite...Naaahhh." he whispered to himself. "Magnemites don't read minds..."

He flumped down on the soft grass. His stomach growled from the lack of food. He had half a mind just to simply walk away from this oddity and to rush to the nearest food stand to grab a hot dog or other various fatty foods to appease his ravenous hunger.

But Sven wasn't one for giving up. The prospect of puzzles and mindgames amused him to no end. After all, what else did he have to do on a fine spring day like this?

Psychic...magnets...steel...wait.

Clear body

"The Pokemon is a Beldum!" the young man excitedly exclaimed.
    Random NPC

Post  Random NPC Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:47 pm

The young man onstage stepped away from the mic for just a moment, grabbing a water bottle and stool from offstage and bringing them back with him -- he was going to be in for a long day it seemed like. The young woman took over speaking while he got some for her as well.

"Numel is correct sir! As is a Beldum for you!" she confirmed cheerfully, gesturing at Sazlo and Sven as she announced their guesses.

She rested the mic on the stand as she took her seat, letting anonymous male volunteer resume his duties.

"This fish is unique, it can't be shocked
    It's really very well grounded
    And as for its size, it's a little small,
    But its evolution has become quite rounded!

And stepping up to fill in for beldum...
    The only tree you ever will see
    That hates getting caught in the rain
    Don't judge by looks, much like most books,
    For this plant is a little more all-terrain!"

(From now on, pokemon remain from previous rounds will be re-copied to make them visible at a glance)

Two remaining:

I'm a proud blue bird, though I don't fly;
    I'd rather be in the sea than the sky.
    And the colder the better, for me,
    So I hope you like living somewhere quite chilly.

Me, I'm a fighter, a pint-size champ
    I easily lift five or six times my weight
    I train in the mountains to hone my skills
    Guess right and I'll show you, my power's first rate!

Numel
    Level 22
    Female
    Simple
    Growl, Tackle, Ember, Magnitude, Focus Energy, Take Down

Beldum
    Level 6
    Genderless
    Clear Body
    Take Down

Sponsored content